Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lake Powell with the Homers


This post is a little overdue, but I could not resist putting these pictures up on the blog. 

Nick's family was kind enough to let me tag along on their annual trip to Lake Powell. 

The last time I went to Lake Powell was 17 years ago. The only thing I remember were the red rocks and the colored zinc sunscreen my grandparents put on our faces as kids (more for excitement than for actual skincare purposes). With that said, I had no expectations of what the notorious Lake Powell would be. 

Nothing could have prepared me for this:



Beautiful, red canyon walls--getting bigger by the day, due to the increasingly low water levels. The sky was perfectly blue and the water smooth as glass at all hours of the day. Needless to say, we had a glorious time basking in the sun and enjoying each other's company.



It was a trip full of testosterone. There were three girls, myself included, and eight boys. It was a fun, wild trip. This houseboat was the perfect size. ^^^



The Homer family taught me how to slalom ski!!! 
 Man, I loved it. Lake Powell really is as magical as everyone esteems it to be. The water was smooth and ready for learners like me.


Nick's dad skiing. The Homers are champion slalomers.

Nicholas^^^

Flyboarding.

This is also overdue. Nick's life, for the past year or so, has been completely consumed with building his own (better, in my opinion) rendition of the flyboard. It has taken hours and hours of work to perfect this creation. Nick has a gift, and it only takes about two minutes of being around him to get a grasp of this beautiful talent. 

We took the flyboard to Lake Powell to play and perfect it.




Nothing can prepare you for this feeling of free-flying over water. 


Fishing.




Hiking to ancient ruins.



A quick snippet:

No comments:

Post a Comment