Wednesday, April 3, 2013

the clan

my family is perfect. literally. as i was going through some of my old pictures, i couldn't help but smile.  

PARENTS. my parents are hysterical. they taught me hard work and inner beauty. i aspire to be like them in every way. i look at my angel sisters and know that much of who they are is a result of my parents. my mom is strong, nurturing and capable of just about anything. i have never had a problem that i didn't think, "my mom knows the answer." as for my dad, he is one of the most passionate people i know. he has a goal in his mind, and he won't stop until it is done. i have never felt neglected or mistreated or unloved--which sadly, is not something many can say. Rachel and Carson make the most beautiful couple, inside and out. it has been quite a journey for the two of them, but one definitely worth the wait. they make life hysterical--between Carson's impressions and crazy facials and Rachel's spunky sense of humor--you are bound to be laughing. i always feel more like myself when i am around the two of them. third wheeling is a privilege. Hannah, talk about an angel. there is not one mean bone in that girl's body. she is currently in Israel soaking up all the life-changing rays. she is a hard worker and cares about just everyone (in the world). she also happens to be one of the most trendy girls i know. babe just won't suffice. Eliza is the baby of the family, though baby she is not. she is a tall, blonde beauty that has heads turning everywhere we go. she goes to Davis High School and is an all-around athlete. she is a sun goddess--we joke that my mom picked up the wrong baby at the hospital by the way that body of hers can handle so much sun. i love her so much, and i am grateful to be able to look up (literally and figuratively)to her. 


although i do not have a family of my own quite yet, when i think of my family i think of this song.

as i am preparing to leave for New York, graduate from college, and get a full-time job, i feel my heart will always be drawn to my home and my childhood years. i will always look back full of gratitude and love for those years spent dancing in front of my mom's mirror, playing in my neighbors' unfinished houses, and laughing until our stomach's hurt (or until someone was sent to their room--Rach:)

Here it is folks, my family in all their glory:






2 comments:

  1. I love this. Carson loves this. I love the memories, the pictures, and YOU! what a fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look Chels. Love, love, love....

    ReplyDelete