Monday, April 29, 2013

I'M ALIVE

I'm here.

New York. I haven't even been here for more than TWO days and it's already been a trip.

I don't have many pictures to show you quite yet of the journey, I'm afraid; (I spent more time trying to maneuver my way around this city and internalize the fact that I am now a resident here, weird) however, it has been nothing short of an adventure.

I have already eaten at Chipotle (check, thank you Anna), purchased a metro pass, unpacked all my belongings, wandered through Central Park for several hours, discovered a new park (oh, how I love parks), eaten a burger at the notorious Shake Shack (thank you Spencer),  shopped at several different grocery stores (for food and hangers), hung out with darling kids for a good part of the day, attended an orientation, found my way to LDS Public Affairs, met a friend from Serbia, given directions to a stranger (me? I know right.), talked with that stranger for 30 minutes about finance and PR--got offered a position at this stranger's work in San Fran:), made some friends with wonderful students in my program, walked all over the city so much my little feet have blisters -- OUCH! I'm pleased to announce that all of these adventures have been worth the frustration, confusion and anticipation of being a new kid in town.

The subway is by far the most foreign concept to me. After a long day of many subway rides, I am definitely becoming more comfortable with the way transportation works here in NYC. Today, I rode several subways all by myself, having to change trains periodically to get to my location -- this may seem like a little task, but to me, it is far from that! I'm proud of myself that I made it home, safely, in one piece tonight.

It has been quite the first day.

Thank you to my friends and family members who have messaged me. I appreciate the love. Sorry this is so short and pictureless.

Coming soon: pictures of my new home and my first day of work:)

over and out.


1 comment:

  1. You are so great. So brave. So beautiful. So talented. So wonderful. Chels you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete