Saturday, March 5, 2011

Within These Garden Walls

Sabbath.

Today a group of students and I went over to the Garden Tomb for a few hours. We all gathered in a remote area near the site of the tomb. We pulled out our handy dandy hymn books and began to sing. Music is a definite highlight of this trip. I absolutely love singing hymns. We began singing. Slowly but surely people began to gather. People of all denominations and nationalities gathered to enjoy the spirit. A few people even tried to join in and sing with us-knowing that English is their second language is quite moving. Although we cannot proselyte, we can spread our testimonies through our music and actions. It was  a wonderful experience. I learn so much about people and our religion every time I visit the Garden Tomb. The most amazing part of these experiences within the garden walls is the fact that Jesus Christ is the one common interest that brings all of these random souls together as one.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chelsea,
    whats up? Long time no see, sounds like you are having an awesome time in Jerusalem and I am still jealous. But I wanted to tell you a couple things. Firstly thank you so much for following my blog, even though I never post any thing it still means so much haha. And second I just wanted to say how awesome spencer is. I bet he'd find some way of proselyting in Jerusalem, the kid's ridiculous(in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cried and cried. You are my heroes. Love ya, Aunt Net

    ReplyDelete