Friday, April 8, 2011

The Good Ole' Bus

WE just got back from Jordan. I am excited to report my glorious adventures but first I thought I would start with the mode of transportation, the bus. We are on the bus for many hours each trip we take. These are some of the fondest memories of the trip. Jordan was no exception. Therefore I thought I would give a little recap of my teacher and the glorious bus rides we embark often.
We are separated on the buses by religion classes. I am currently on Brother Muhlestein’s bus. We rock it. It mainly consists of loud singing, dance parties in the aisle, telling dating stories, and lots of sleeping. A group of boys have converted me to playing the game “risk” on AJ’s iphone. Suprisingly I can hold my own, though a few of them still blow me out of the water after the first hour or so (oh how that game drags on). Though we don't have assigned seating, it is always the same people who prefer the back and front of the bus. I am a member of the back of the bus crew. It is an absolutely party in the back. A little crazy but good, pure fun.

A few students and I made up a song for our teacher, Brother Muhlestein. Whenever there is a dull moment crossing the deserts or opportune time when he confesses his love for teaching, we all break out into song to express our appreciation for him as our teacher. The look on his face is priceless. Imagine a wonderful man with a camel leather hat on that he has owned since he was a student on the program, beaming (the kind of smile that makes your eyes disappear into the shape of crow feet), swaying back and forth to the rhythm of the song.

Our song goes like this (To the tune of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”):

“Ain’t no tel too high. Ain’t no valley low. Ain’t no Wadi wide enough baby. If you need him call him. No matter where you are. No matter how far. Don’t worry baby just call his name. He’ll be there in a hurry. You don’t have to worry cuz baby there ain’t no scripture hard enough. Ain’t no doctrine deep enough. Ain’t no PHARAOH dead enough (he is an Egyptologist) to keep me from getting to Muhlestein."

He is a fantastic teacher. He really cares about his adopted 80 students. I adore him and I am grateful for his wonderful example and influence in my life.

Brother Muhlestein and his son BJ. I love them both so much!!!

AL-Pow (this is the term he uses after every conversation over the Microphone).



No comments:

Post a Comment