Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just the beginning...

The end is near and therefore I have already had to say goodbye to a few things that have grown fond to my heart this past semester.

 These young women.
Half of  these girls belong to the Tel Aviv branch but the other half are mine. I LOVE them all.

The rest of the darling kids in the district.
All of these kids have impacted me so much. They are such great examples of standing for truth and righteousness. Amidst a world of doubt and secularism, these kids (often being the only members in the entire district) are really what its all about. I am grateful to have learned so much from them this semester.

 Sister Bentley.
 I worked with her for both the humanitarian committee and in the young womens program. You could say we have bonded a bit. I love her and her husband. I am grateful for their love and willingness to serve.

 Hygiene Kits.
Over.
We made more than 7000 kits over the span of the semester. We were the fastest group the JC has experienced under the Bentley operation that is. It was so fun. Crank a little tunes and let the body move. This really reminded me of the days back in the warehouse (which isn't too far off in the distance) breaking boxes, tape guns, counting kits, trash runs-we did it all! Just a little warm up for the summer I suppose.


Studying.
This past week I have studied more than I have done anything else. I LOVED IT!!! Everything we have learned from our field trips, in class, from the scriptures, from guest speakers all came together. You know those moments when all the points seem to connect to illustrate a bigger picture...my week. My professor said these would be the most crucial 48 hours of the semester, how right he was. I have loved learning and applying these principles into my life. This is not the end. I know this is merely a stepping stone and a rock solid foundation to further build upon. I am excited to continue to grow upon this foundation for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the wonderful professors who make it possible to learn such difficult and abstract concepts in one semester. I am surely not saying I know everything there is to know about this land or the Bible for that will never be the case, however, I am saying I have gained a sense of confidence. Confidence in my power to study the scriptures. Confidence in my ability to teach others. Confidence to receive and act upon the promptings of the Spirit. I am learning. If anything this experience has given me the ability to see what I hope to become.

 Four days left....




1 comment:

  1. Chels I love this! I love looking at these pictures. I cannot wait to see you when you get back and hear all about everything you learned and about all of your adventures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete