Thursday, May 2, 2013

Home


NEW YORK CITY



The front door. 
It's quant, yeah? It looks like it is being remodeled, but it isn't. 


The side view. 
It's really a beautiful building. I cannot believe how long it has been around. My mom lived here when she was my age.


The next door neighbor:)


Luckily the city is slowly blossoming and turning green.


My lovely room. 
It's the perfect size, small and cozy. However, I wake up every morning thinking I am lying on a hospital bed -- crunchy sheets and a firm mattress do not help. 



The communal bathroom (not to be confused with a bath house, Hannie:)). 


This is a look down my street. 
I love when the sun peeks through the buildings and lights up the trees. Some of my fondest memories, so far, include walking to and from work early in the morning and in the late afternoon.

I absolutely love living in Harlem. I love the residents living in my apartment. I have met some wonderful people who are doing incredible things with their lives. It is inspiring. Just today I talked with a Jewish girl from San Francisco on my way to dinner. We conversed about religion, marriage, education and career paths. This complex is a little metropolis of its own. I absolutely love it! 







1 comment: