Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Monday we went on a field trip down to Jericho. Literall down.We dropped 3500 feet in elevation over the span of 17 miles. Luckily, the bus driver is very well qualified for the roads were winding all over the place. Field trips are my favorite. The 80 students here are separated into two groups based on which Old Testament teacher you have. Although we see the same sites, we go in different orders. Brother Judd is my Old Testament teacher and guide for field trips the first half of this semester. I love him. Old Testament ROCKS!!
 The Wabi Quelt. This desert is located between Jerusalem and Jericho. It is also the place of the famous "Good Samaritan" story.  I can't fully express how wonderful and rewarding it is to be here and associate the stories I have been taught my whole life to the actual place it occurred so many years ago.

The Wabi Quelt in all its glory. I could not believe how beautiful the rolling hills of the desert are. I felt like a little ant in a large sand box. The hills went on forever...

  
The Saint George Monastery located in the Wabi Quelt. 

A few of the many troopers standing in Herod's Palace.

  
 King Herod's Winter Palace. CRAZY!!!

 The Mount of Temptations (or general area)!

 A little BYU Pride!

This is one of my darling roommates named Skyler. She is absolutely hysterical and brilliant in her own beautiful way. There is always a disney song, movie quote, or cheesy joke coming out of her mouth. I love her. We spend many late nights and early mornings talking and listening to the Tangled soundtrack. Oh how I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment