Saturday, February 26, 2011

Livin the Dream

It completely boggles my mind to think we are half way done with this glorious experience. I can't even fathom how fast time flies over here...I have been thinking the hours must be shorter in Jerusalem than back home but there is simply no evidence to prove such a thing. The days are so long but the weeks just fly by....I am enjoying every second of it.
I am completely out of the loop when it comes to the outside world. I have removed myself from the Provo bubble and have now entered the JC bubble. However, the one word that I have heard coming from Provo starts with a J and ends with an I-M-M-E-R. He is a legend both at BYU and Israel. I am currently in a classroom with fifty other students, overlooking the Old City, watching BYU play San Diego State University. It is literally the same environment just a few thousand miles away from our dear old P-Town. Sky, my roommate, pulled out her little trumpet and began playing the BYU fight song….haha it brought back pure memories of BYU. I LOVE IT HERE!!!
Blogging has been a difficult endeavor. I know I have been slacking a bit. Work load is heavy. Spontaneity is overflowing. Therefore time is simply vanishing before my eyes. Sorry family. Thank you for being patient with me.
Here is my life this past week in a nutshell. Right now I study. Run on a good day. Laugh. Visit the city. Talk to Natives. Eat random fruits and seasonings. Old Testament. Laugh even louder. Play with the YW. Journal. Think of sleep then quickly avoid such a thought. Eat. Crave Chocolate. Organize pictures. Break out into random song and dance. Take more pictures. Bond with my JC peeps. Do the weekly laundry (only when it comes to drastic measures….the swimsuit). Start a movie but get distracted during the credits. Did I mention laugh? Run eight flights of stairs 20 times a day. Call the Fam. Entertain the idea of academic productivity in the day light but realize how silly it is and start the hw around midnight. Roommate makeover party (we finally realized we don’t need to be as creative with the three outfits we brought when we borrow each others’ clothes).Predict/sympathize with the JCC (Jerusalem Center Crushes).Send a few emails. Get the news my little sis got into BYU (YA GIRL!!! BYU just won’t know what to do with three Jackson girls down there in the Fall). Do a little Jillian Michaels workout video in the gym with thirty other girls (estrogen?). Run around like a hooligan at the service project to make hygiene kits which always eventually turns into a large JC mosh pit. Baby watch in the post office (seriously this is the best place to find hundreds of darling babies all in one location). Lastly, look out to the beautiful land I call home.

I am simply living the dream. I simply cannot express my love and joy in words. We are going to the Holocaust Museum on Monday and I am anticipating this moving experience. I will keep you all updated on the many adventures of the JC. However, I have loved following other friends’ blogs and receiving random updating emails. I am glad life is moving just as quickly everywhere else in the world as it is here.

3 comments:

  1. Like oh my gosh! Like I love this blog! Like it is so cute! Like, its totally my favorite! TRENDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, oh my gosh! Like, I just love this blog! Like, it's so my favorite! TRENDY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like, oh my gosh! Like, I just love this blog! Like, it's so my favorite! TRENDY!

    ReplyDelete