Saturday, May 11, 2013

{It is what it is}

I noticed this blog of mine is a sporadic collage of everything that is important to me. My thoughts, fears, hopes, cherished memories, etc. By providing experiences and thoughts that have motivated me to be a better person, I hope in turn, that someone else may feel of its importance {tho subtle it may be} to them.

The bottom line: I love people and I just want everyone to feel they are loved.

That's it.

Somewhere along my childhood {5 years-yesterday} I learned how to ask questions. I learned this from my mother. Simple questions can create stimulating and uplifting conversation with just about anyone. By asking good, heartfelt questions, everyone can feel they are loved and important. Period.

I stumbled upon this song this week. It is perfect. It encompasses all the thoughts I am trying to articulate. At first, I thought this was a video -- similar to the ones my sisters and I would make in front of my mother's large bathroom mirror -- however, after listening to the words, I realized just how much I love the message of this song.

Note to self: You are beautiful. Believe in yourself enough to love yourself. Be assertive and don't let others impose on your beauty. {These are thoughts I have had this week while battling fears of loneliness, fears of the unknown, and fears of living under my potential}

Be brave, you owe it to yourself!




1 comment: