Friday, May 10, 2013

My Kind



It's been wet, really wet. 
The rain woke me up early Tuesday morning, and it has been raining off-and-on since. It always makes me a little more excited to be awake when it's raining -- everything seems a little more alive when it's wet, especially in the big city. I have come to find out, I am not particularly a lover of huge cities. I tend to gravitate toward nature, or in this case Central Park. 
During yesterday's lunch break, I wanted to explore a new place to eat and see a new part of the city I haven't yet ventured...however, I didn't get very far when I hit Central Park. I love this place. I love it so very much. A little part of my soul reawakens when I walk into nature of any kind, especially after being in a city all day. 
It is more than just nature. It is the people in the park that I particularly enjoy. People in the park, I believe, are of a different breed. They exercise, laugh, talk, and actually bond with each other. It is foreign to me to be in close quarters (subway, on the street, in a store) with people and have no one talk or even smile for that matter. It's sad and so unfamiliar. However, these rules do not apply to park people. Everyone is friendly, active, and happy to be alive. Oh how I long to be a park person.

So I apologize for all the future blog posts with dozens of Central Park pictures, they are simply the most beautiful to me. 


As for the rain, one umbrella down, one to go. 




^^The subways are a little more cozy when it's wet ^^








Speaking of nature, my apartment received a little more light this week thanks to Nick. After a long day of work, I came home to this beautiful bundle of joy. *I especially love the plastic lemons in the vase--it's such a nice touch. It makes the white, generic decor and overall apartment seem a little more homey. 


2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to join you in central park and sing, "That's How You Know!" Beautiful flowers. Nick is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother warning: Do not walk there alone at night. Okay?

    ReplyDelete