Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spoiled.


Dearest Nicholas,

Thank you for spoiling me this weekend by making a quick visit to the Big Apple. Your presence was definitely needed. After a long red eye flight, I'm sure your little eyes were exhausted (planes just aren't suitable for a 6'3 body) upon your arrival here. Nevertheless, you carried onward to enjoy the precious few moments you had with me. We kicked off the weekend by eating breakfast at one of your favorite TV shows, Seinfeld's stomping grounds, Tom's Restaurant. 

Although it was overcast and wet most of the weekend, the rain didn't put a damper on our plans. On our way to venture Times Square, a place neither of us particularly enjoy, we decided to get our faces drawn...worst.decision.ever. Lucky to our *my bargaining skills, we weren't scammed too poorly. Unfortunately, we walked away with a seductive looking me posing alongside a stranger with big muscles. Although, the resemblance is far from close, we have another memory to add to the list. 

The best part of Times Square is Broadway. Before fleeing from the rain we saw The Last Five Years, a play that I wanted to see about a twisted romance with an incredibly creative delivery. I hope it didn't bore you too much with all that raw, emotional drama -- I know you get plenty of that from me. 

After a quick nap and an excuse to escape the rain for a moment, you did the unspeakable--Wicked tickets! The only play I came here hoping to see. I know the tickets weren't cheap, but the experience was priceless. I gasped almost every scene by the set and how the plot came together. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for saving me many disappointing nights at the Wicked lottery. I owe you one. 

On Sunday, we went to my work at the church office building for Regional Conference. It was nice to have a your familiar face at church again. On our way home, you had the idea of exploring my neighbor's house, the Catholic Cathedral. Like wet dogs, we entered the doors, and to our delight, found that we were actually welcome into its premises.  We, like children, decided to venture to the highest floor we could--floor 20. It was nice to get a different view of the city that is slowly becoming familiar to me.

After a few hours drying off from the rain (I apologize again for how unfortunate it was to have a downpour on two of the most precious days of the week--weekends), we ventured out into the city. I wanted to show you my favorite part of the city, Central Park. We shared my small umbrella as we wandered through the park. Eventually we botched the umbrella because the damage was far too severe for any salvaging to be done. We then treated ourselves to the yummiest shakes and the best burgers in town...hmm, Shake Shack is delicious.

To conclude the weekend, we ventured the ferry to see the Hudson lights. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, a couple's engagement, and other various sites our entitled tour guide felt to accentuate during our journey over the water. 

Oh how it is nice having you in the city. 

Though all of our adventures were wonderful, my favorite part of your stay here was Monday afternoon in Central Park. We rented a boat and went out to the middle of the lake. Thank you, again, for pleasing me by gently rowing us over to the side of the lake at the site of basking turtles. Lucky for us, the sun decided to show itself so we and all the wildlife could thoroughly enjoy the afternoon without running indoors for cover. Oh the day was nice. We kicked our feet back and slowly crept along the water shore enjoying each other immensely.  It was so refreshing to have a safe haven, a place away from the world with little distraction--just you, me and the boat.  

To please my growling belly and to prevent a potentially grumpy Chelsea, you bought us warm waffles from one of the Waffles and Dinges stands near the outskirts of the park. It started to get dark, so after a quick people-watching downtime and catnap on the grass, we headed home. 

It has been one of the most pleasant weekends since I have been here. The hardest part is saying goodbye to a familiar face--your familiar face--for a time being, to be left in an unfamiliar city. 

I do enjoy our time together Mr. Nicholas. My bosses were pleased with you and talk about you often since your departure. Thank you for spending your weekend with me.

Five weeks. 

Love always,
Chels
xoxo

breakfast at Tom's.

 

*I hope that's not what we look like...by the number of people smiling walking by, we knew it was going to be a treat.

Wicked

Hudson Lights Ferry Tour

Ms. Liberty





   ^^our rainy selves^^

the lake. 

Nick rowing

^^the turtle club^^

on my lunch break

his farewell gift. kindness.


3 comments:

  1. hahaha your drawing is definitely a keeper! what a fun week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, I definitely need to start a blog now so that I can very publicly let everyone know how good of a time I had with you too. Miss you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a fun week! Better keep that drawing forever hahaha classic!

    ReplyDelete