Friday, May 17, 2013

Missing Home

Lately, home has become a little more dear to me. When everything familiar is stripped away, it's hard not to reminisce on all the good times that have collectively contributed in some way to who I am today.

...because sometimes I wake up and wish I were a child again.
I miss waking up to an open schedule and a mind to preoccupy me for hours. I miss spending an entire afternoon in our unfinished basement with my lovely accomplices {Jackson Girls} filming commercials, choreographing dances, and rollerskating around the staircase until our ankles turned red. I miss naming my crushes after candy bars in attempt to keep my love life a secret. I miss the moment I saw my first baboon -- Rach and I rolled on the floor laughing for hours about God's sense of humor with that animal. I miss decorating valentines' boxes for my elementary classrooms. I miss cuddling with my family in my parents' bed late at night.
It's wonderful to see my friends and family members progress and accomplish their aspired dreams and goals; however, at the same time, it makes me sad that we can't all remain in a static state of play. That static state where we always have each other near. I miss that.

Naturally, to reminisce, I turn to pictures. Pictures have a beautiful way of expressing moments, more so than words.

I miss...

...tadpoling in the summer.
...hometown parades.

...the many adventures schemed by my mother.
...Adams Canyon celebratory dances.

...the waterfall.


...family in Arizona--oh Gramma J and the clan.

...our many Salt Lake Endeavors. {cemeteries}

...painting G.G.'s nails while watching The Great Race.


...concerts and that one time Liza was smaller than me.
...fishing. Who said girls aren't tough? Estrogen power!!

...family vacas.
...my dad, for handling all of us and for teaching us how to be tough.

...my family.
 
...supporting my sisters in school events. ^^^Hannie as Bell.
...Sunday curlers.

...my sweet, sweet friends.

Oh, how I miss you girls...{+Ash}
...track.
Need I say more?
...late nights with the girls...Alice--always the night owl (This picture is us in a nutshell).

 ...Rach.

...college pranks. Boy, do we know how to get 'em.

...marrying that one man...named Brigham.

...being weird and Elise.

..temple trips.


...getting lost in Zion National Park--it was worth the pic.

...receiving missionary letters...oh missionary letters:)


...that one time when we killed everyone.


...fishing in style.


..well kind of.


...girls, Jeru, Beyonce...

 
...these fine folks who never cease to make me laugh.



Thank you my friends and family for reminding why life is so grand.

*cheers to the future, may it be as bright as the past.

1 comment:

  1. You were right, I LOVE THIS!!! I have scrolled through these pictures a handful of times already reminiscing! Where did the time go? I LOOOVE our memories and these experiences (great pic. selection ;) ). I miss them, too!

    But, you are right, cheers to a future that will be as bright as the past.

    ReplyDelete